Skip to main content

Challenge Accepted: My Scars


A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees. 

I show my scars because I was never good at putting on make up.
I could never find the right foundation.
Too broke to match this color. Too bright to carry that joy. Mixing shades
to match undertones cause I was uncomfortable in the skin I colored in.
I took it upon myself to conceal everything.
The altar became my secret place. 
It was easier to cut me than reveal our weakness. 
I sacrificed healing for privacy just for a second chance I never had. 
"Where are you Adam?"
Even though Eve provoked the mistake Adam had to answer.
She was born a help meet yet she forgot to protect her hu-MAN-ity. 
Still mistakes don't create identities; they shape character. 
And I am simply unashamed.
I transitioned from being a cover girl to a covered girl.
This joy I have makes my cup run over & no scar can take that away.
I'm confident in my scars because they mean healing is on the way.
Someone needs to see your scars so they can believe in healing too. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay!!! I love it Sis. Keep writing and keep showing your scars.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: U Turn

"The second it seems like everything is falling apart run to God who can put better things together. " - Sincerely.Shanae [my tumblr] One of the best things about BMT is airmen's time in the day room. Its the one chance you get to be free of everything around you. Its where my hope joy and strength came from. I had time to push myself into God. To invade His space like never before. All the letters I received were answered prayer. I have connected with a couple of my flight mates via FB. I see how they respond to each other almost like sisters. The i miss yous and the remember the time whens remind me that I never developed a solid relationship with any of them. I spent a lot of time by myself in my own little corner praying to God. We were inseparable. I talked to Him day and night. In good times and bad times. He became my family. He was my mother father sister brother aunt uncle grandma grandpa etc. He listened to my pain on bad days. He set my joy on fire on my good d...

Snapshots

Picture This Walking without a set destination. Wondering when my left and right switched positions causing me to go backwards. Hoping I would trip upon my future and land inside His will. Not sure if he still feels the same. He loves me He loves me not. Or maybe I don't love Him. Picture This A young lady fighting to hold on to what she knows. Not willing to give in to her past. Scared that she will disappoint those if they really knew the picture that sin snapped of her. Hoping they would believe for themselves but knowing the cross is heavy. Lord you said your burden is light and your yoke is easy. So why do I feel so heavy? Picture This Love blossoming like beautiful roses in a stone garden. Seperated but holding on tighter than ever before. Beautiful things come from hard places. Walking around several times doesn't always mean the walls fall down. Crazy things happen when you let Egypt conquer Judah. These jeans would fit better if I knew who I was. Picture This It...

He Gave

And he gave me hands. Hands to write the vision and make it plain. Hands to wipe every tear as He counted the blessings they would bring. He gave me feet. Feet to walk in the path he set before me. To run this race and endure all that comes my way. To jump over and walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He gave me a mouth. To shout the praises of a living king. To worship the glory of the holy lamb. To move the mountains to new places. To conquer the spirit of silence. He gave me life. Became who I am so I could be who he is. Laid down so I could stand firm. Cried out so I could dream big. Stepped down so I could be set free. Broke chains so I could serve him. Passed down the letter and canceled it through grace. He gave me love. Love to overcome breakthrough. To nurture bring life and survive. To rebuke loneliness inspire and grow. My King My Saviour My Redeemer who is patient and kind. Keeps no records of my wrongs wont delight in my evil ways protects trusts and...