Skip to main content

Confrontation: The Art of No Questions

Confrontation: the act of facing hostility or defiance. the bringing together for examination or comparison.


John 21: 15-17

15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, b do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."

16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, c do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."

17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, d do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.



Private.
The pieces of me that I keep to myself are the only things I own.
And I'm grateful to have people around me to share those things with.
But in all honesty nobody knows me like my pen.
It is my protector, defender, and friend.
But its not my truth.

Responsibility is the perception of my own faults.

Naïve.
The word that separates the little girls from the grown women.
It's my right of passage to be a fool for one.
But in my own journey I've had two.
It's all relative. But that doesn't negate honesty.
Investment and flawed vision is why I stayed.
So why'd you leave?

Privacy.
Don't answer.
What's understood, don't need to be explained.
Your truth will never set me free because its man made.
Yet there is something so powerful in forgiving.
It's the last thing I gave for us, everything after... is for me.

So can I be honest?
In the mist of confrontation everything starts with a question.
But it's hell when you hold all my answers.
Your response marks the movement of my feet.
When you agree I walk, but when you don't I stand still.
The bondage of your emotions keeps me in the game
No matter how long I ride the bench.

But God can break chains.

This time I choose to walk away.
With my hands in the air, I no longer submit to us.
Instead, I surrender to the will of God over my life.

"Good friends hold on even when you don't want to be held on to. Great friends stay connected no matter how long it's been since they talked. But mature friends can discern when their season is up and love you enough to walk away. I am that mature friend." - HyQuality

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: Liberty

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. - John 8:36 "It is the hurt that breaks me it’s the pain that pulls me to my knees and the tears they’ve changed me til what I couldn’t see Becomes so clear to me This is the way The way that you love me" - Anthony Evans Where do I begin? Its been a long 2 months. I went through every emotion there is. I cried more than I slept and prayed more than I breathed. I was isolated from every single comfort zone I faithfully rested my head upon. All I had was a mouth to pray and hands to praise. It was just me and God. And though I know He would never leave nor forsake me I had never felt so alone. I felt abandoned and cut off. The dreams I had grown so accustomed to were no where to be found. The very gift through which all my answered prayer came was out of service. I felt like my prayer was in vain. I started to focus my mind on other things. I begin to rely on people back home to tell me what God was saying. I patiently

Challenge Accepted: My Scars

A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees.  I show my scars because I was never good at putting o

Snapshots

Picture This Walking without a set destination. Wondering when my left and right switched positions causing me to go backwards. Hoping I would trip upon my future and land inside His will. Not sure if he still feels the same. He loves me He loves me not. Or maybe I don't love Him. Picture This A young lady fighting to hold on to what she knows. Not willing to give in to her past. Scared that she will disappoint those if they really knew the picture that sin snapped of her. Hoping they would believe for themselves but knowing the cross is heavy. Lord you said your burden is light and your yoke is easy. So why do I feel so heavy? Picture This Love blossoming like beautiful roses in a stone garden. Seperated but holding on tighter than ever before. Beautiful things come from hard places. Walking around several times doesn't always mean the walls fall down. Crazy things happen when you let Egypt conquer Judah. These jeans would fit better if I knew who I was. Picture This It