Skip to main content

Cant Take My Joy Away

"I've been persecuted but not forsaken. Cast down but not destroyed. I have something this world can't take. Away from me" - VaShawn Mitchell

Since I bought this CD it has been a source of encouragement and a true blessing. It's rare for me to find gospel artist who's music has a message that expands past God's gone bless you real good or you coming out of that situation right now. Don't get me wrong I'm not against those types of songs. But we as Christians have got to learn how to endure. Sometimes we get so caught up in God take me out we forget to pray God take me through. What kind of Christian would you be if you never went through something? You have to be tried in the fire to come out gold. This walk is not easy. Sometimes I get weak and just lay in defeat. I stand on sorrow and self pity instead of the word of God. Then I think about God's joy. It is my strength it is my smile it is my light in the dark it's my resting place. Every time I hear this song I get excited. The devil loves to throw stuff at you to make you sad and depressed. Sometimes it seems like a never ending cycle but if you can get a piece of God's joy the devil can't win. He tried to keep my mind of Christ but I remembered I had joy. And guess what the best part is? Nobody can take it away. In Psalm 94:9 (HCSB) the scripture ask this simple question. "Can the one who formed the eat not hear the one who formed the eye not see?". The answer is of course He can see and hear. You may have been persecuted talked about lied on hated all because of Jesus name but He hears you and He sees you. How can I be so sure? He left you something this world can't take : His joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: U Turn

"The second it seems like everything is falling apart run to God who can put better things together. " - Sincerely.Shanae [my tumblr] One of the best things about BMT is airmen's time in the day room. Its the one chance you get to be free of everything around you. Its where my hope joy and strength came from. I had time to push myself into God. To invade His space like never before. All the letters I received were answered prayer. I have connected with a couple of my flight mates via FB. I see how they respond to each other almost like sisters. The i miss yous and the remember the time whens remind me that I never developed a solid relationship with any of them. I spent a lot of time by myself in my own little corner praying to God. We were inseparable. I talked to Him day and night. In good times and bad times. He became my family. He was my mother father sister brother aunt uncle grandma grandpa etc. He listened to my pain on bad days. He set my joy on fire on my good d...

He Gave

And he gave me hands. Hands to write the vision and make it plain. Hands to wipe every tear as He counted the blessings they would bring. He gave me feet. Feet to walk in the path he set before me. To run this race and endure all that comes my way. To jump over and walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He gave me a mouth. To shout the praises of a living king. To worship the glory of the holy lamb. To move the mountains to new places. To conquer the spirit of silence. He gave me life. Became who I am so I could be who he is. Laid down so I could stand firm. Cried out so I could dream big. Stepped down so I could be set free. Broke chains so I could serve him. Passed down the letter and canceled it through grace. He gave me love. Love to overcome breakthrough. To nurture bring life and survive. To rebuke loneliness inspire and grow. My King My Saviour My Redeemer who is patient and kind. Keeps no records of my wrongs wont delight in my evil ways protects trusts and...

Day 2 - The Lock

Psalm 42: 1-4 & 7-8 As the deer pants for streams of water so my soul pants or you, O God.My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night,while men say to me all day long where is your God?These things I remember as I pour out my soul:how i use to go with the multitude leading the procession of the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng. Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the lord directs his love at night his song is with me a prayer to the God of my life. I'm almost speechless once again. Ive read this one psalm a thousand times, okay maybe a hundred but who's counting anyway. Ive been meditating on this one word all day and some where in this psalm is the question I'm looking for. Actually is right there in verse 2 part b. Last night the lord whispered one word to me. Now as I type this i real...