Skip to main content

Confession: He Calls Me

"The Holy Spirit is my teacher and who better than Him? I must be teachable if I plan on and growing. And sometimes that means walking ahead with no instruction just a destination." - Type.Classy

Sometimes is nice to hear yourself say who you are. It builds your confidence and helps you stand a little taller. I am a firm believer in knowing who you are. People in this world attach so many perverted names to children of God. They pass insults around like notes in high school. They try to pin labels on you not worthy of the King who lives in you. The solution for most is speak no hear no see no. The less attention we give to it the quicker it dies. Yet we forget where the true power resides: think no. We meditate day and night on he say she say forgetting what He said. I was once in this situation. Lending my mind to this world and my ear to Jesus. Yeah He said I was fearfully and wonderfully made but I know He would never create junk like me. You are what you eat. My spirit was on a starvation diet. Nothing to eat or drink in days. How do you know who you are if you never seek who made you?.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.- James 5:16 (KJV)


There is so much power in confession. Every time I read this verse God breathes and I hear something else. This time I hear "Tell them who you are. Declare who I am wherever you go. Call on my name and make me the center. Worship me for who I am. Carry my joy where ever you go. Set the world on fire when you pray and worship as Heaven begins to flood the earth. Honor me and when they tell you who you are I will show them who I am"

I am the child who breaks His heart.
Making promises my flesh wont let me keep.
Expecting Him to forgive me in the mist of doing wrong.

I am the child that wont come home.
Covered in shame and guilt afraid to knock cause He will answer.
Too busy chasing my dreams to follow His perfect will.
Sheltered in disobedience when I could be covered by the Blood.

I am a child of the Most High.
Fearfully and wonderfully made.
Soaked in His unfailing love.
Resting in His safety and walking in perfect peace.
Never letting Him down because I don't hold Him up.

I am a child of God.
Bought with the blood of a King.
Wrapped in His arms reaching for His hem
to be healed. I am my beloveds and He is mine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This post made me scream YES louder and louder at the end of every line-
"I am the child"

Really knowing our identity in Christ is a game-changer
It changes the way we see GOD
It changes the way we the the world
It changes the way we see ourselves

We're blood-bought. And that's not just a fly statement. It's the truth.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: U Turn

"The second it seems like everything is falling apart run to God who can put better things together. " - Sincerely.Shanae [my tumblr] One of the best things about BMT is airmen's time in the day room. Its the one chance you get to be free of everything around you. Its where my hope joy and strength came from. I had time to push myself into God. To invade His space like never before. All the letters I received were answered prayer. I have connected with a couple of my flight mates via FB. I see how they respond to each other almost like sisters. The i miss yous and the remember the time whens remind me that I never developed a solid relationship with any of them. I spent a lot of time by myself in my own little corner praying to God. We were inseparable. I talked to Him day and night. In good times and bad times. He became my family. He was my mother father sister brother aunt uncle grandma grandpa etc. He listened to my pain on bad days. He set my joy on fire on my good d...

He Gave

And he gave me hands. Hands to write the vision and make it plain. Hands to wipe every tear as He counted the blessings they would bring. He gave me feet. Feet to walk in the path he set before me. To run this race and endure all that comes my way. To jump over and walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He gave me a mouth. To shout the praises of a living king. To worship the glory of the holy lamb. To move the mountains to new places. To conquer the spirit of silence. He gave me life. Became who I am so I could be who he is. Laid down so I could stand firm. Cried out so I could dream big. Stepped down so I could be set free. Broke chains so I could serve him. Passed down the letter and canceled it through grace. He gave me love. Love to overcome breakthrough. To nurture bring life and survive. To rebuke loneliness inspire and grow. My King My Saviour My Redeemer who is patient and kind. Keeps no records of my wrongs wont delight in my evil ways protects trusts and...

Push Play

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7 " There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18 I get a lot of "advice" about love and my relationship. Some good some bad and some that doesn't deserve my attention. Positivity helps me filter through what I need to keep and what I need to throw away. Sometimes I choose what agrees with my feelings over the wisdom that God is pouring out. I'm not perfect. That doesn't take away from my responsibility its simply a statement of truth. I choose to be who He called me to be because who my flesh desires to be will kill me. With that being said here we go. The Way You Love Me- Anthony Evans I try my best not to get set in my ways. I know that my ways are not His ways and therefore they are null and void. They shouldn't have any power over who I a...