Skip to main content

Closed Doors Intro and Watch 8

Intro: Closed Doors
I think everybody has found themselves on the wrong side of the door. Either you wish you hadn't opened it or, in my case, you wish you could just close it. Usually I'm not one to dwell on either side but this situation is special. It took more than a twisting of the knob or a turning of the key. I opened a lot more than a door. And I'm wise enough to say I need to close it. But I'm honest enough to say I don't know how.

Watch 8
3am is for lovers.
Hearts reaching for beats.
Racing to feed souls.
Minds wonder at the speed of sound
Waiting for ears to understand.
Full lips dripping with honey
From calling on the sweetest name known to man.

6am is for angels.
Gentle nudges on your shoulder
As you roll over in a new day.
A sweet voice reaches down urging you to arise and eat.
Provision awaits on table tops
Seeking a belly to enter in.
Lord I am your servant.
Let your word be fulfilled.

9am is for healing.
40 minus 1.
Most people's lucky number is 7.
But mine is 39.
Whips; to be exact.
The piercing that didn't come with jewelry.
Lord, remove this cup from me.
No...
Crucify Him!
 
12pm is for lunch.
Every head bowed.
Lord make this nourishment for my body.
Just like we know not what we do
We know not what we eat.
So who's table are you sitting at?
Do this in remembrance of me.
Take thy bread and eat. These are my bones broken.
Take thy wine and drink. This is my spirit poured out.

3pm is for daydreams.
Absent minds in outer space.
Flashes of reality you live in your spirit,
But can't touch in your flesh.
Whom do man say that I am?
Faith. Hope. Love.
But the greatest of these is Love.

6pm is for long rides home.
Nothing makes you turn around
Like no gas and a flat tire.
Suddenly a light shines from heaven.
And you loose your vision in a matter of a question.
Do you love me?
Yes. I love you.
Do you love me?
Yes? I love you.
Do you love me?
Lord, You know.

9pm is for prayer.
Our father which art in heaven.
Communication so powerful
It connects our hearts to heaven.
Knees bent at a 45 degree angle.
Trying to figure out how staying down here
Is going to get me back on my feet up there.
Down here all I have is the lily.
Lord, you know I don't like lilies.
Where is the Rose?

12am is for freedom.
In the midnight hour
You either pick your battle
Or win your war.
The weapons of my warfare are not carnal.
But power.
Cause the second I get weak,
He becomes strong.
Yes WE are the ones who will turn
The world upside down.

But 3am is still for lovers.
Writes. Thinkers. Dreamers.
So before my day gets started
And before my night ends,
I offer my everything to Him.
Jesus. My ruler. My Savior. My King.
Praying that when he touches me
I'll always remember 3am is dedicated to lovers.

Comments

DJ Roger Rabbit said…
I love the intro. Closed doors spoke to a lot situations that were left in 2014. 3pm, Midnight, and 3am are always the strongest for me. I often find myself fighting through the maze in which i call my thoughts during those times. Continue to write, and always write what's genuine. It connects to ppl in so many ways.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: Liberty

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. - John 8:36 "It is the hurt that breaks me it’s the pain that pulls me to my knees and the tears they’ve changed me til what I couldn’t see Becomes so clear to me This is the way The way that you love me" - Anthony Evans Where do I begin? Its been a long 2 months. I went through every emotion there is. I cried more than I slept and prayed more than I breathed. I was isolated from every single comfort zone I faithfully rested my head upon. All I had was a mouth to pray and hands to praise. It was just me and God. And though I know He would never leave nor forsake me I had never felt so alone. I felt abandoned and cut off. The dreams I had grown so accustomed to were no where to be found. The very gift through which all my answered prayer came was out of service. I felt like my prayer was in vain. I started to focus my mind on other things. I begin to rely on people back home to tell me what God was saying. I patiently

Challenge Accepted: My Scars

A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees.  I show my scars because I was never good at putting o

Snapshots

Picture This Walking without a set destination. Wondering when my left and right switched positions causing me to go backwards. Hoping I would trip upon my future and land inside His will. Not sure if he still feels the same. He loves me He loves me not. Or maybe I don't love Him. Picture This A young lady fighting to hold on to what she knows. Not willing to give in to her past. Scared that she will disappoint those if they really knew the picture that sin snapped of her. Hoping they would believe for themselves but knowing the cross is heavy. Lord you said your burden is light and your yoke is easy. So why do I feel so heavy? Picture This Love blossoming like beautiful roses in a stone garden. Seperated but holding on tighter than ever before. Beautiful things come from hard places. Walking around several times doesn't always mean the walls fall down. Crazy things happen when you let Egypt conquer Judah. These jeans would fit better if I knew who I was. Picture This It