Skip to main content

Psalm 51

ahh 2018 :) Hi. I welcome you with open arms. My heart is open and ready for the best year. I believe that the word of the Lord is sure. There is a reward for faithfulness. I rewrote this Psalm for those who are struggling to stay consistent like me. Those who are frustrated with the responsibility of great gifts. Even those who know greatness is inside of them, but they are too afraid to birth it out. I am praying for you. Don't give up!

P.S. I'm back! Its been 2 years and I am finally back. I have a lot of growth, mistakes, tears, and joy to share. If you are here reading this, thanks for keeping me accountable to the gift inside of me. I have wonderful news coming really soon. But until then, enjoy!

Psalm 51*

Have mercy on me Lord,
according to your faithful character,
according to the multitude of love
expressed on the cross.

Wash me in your word,
clean me from my wrongs.

For I confess my sins and I
lay my wrongs on the altar.

Against you alone have I wronged,
and done evil in your sight. You
would be justified in sentencing
me.

Behold, I was created in iniquity;
and in sin I was conceived.

Yet you desire truth from the depths
of my soul and in my hidden parts
you grace me with wisdom.

Purify me with truth and I shall be
free. Wash me and I shall be
clean.

Make me to hear peace and joy;
that even my broken places
shall rejoice.

Hide my face from my sins, and
blot out all my iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.

Refuse me not from your presence.
Let me keep my promised Holy
Spirit.

Restore unto me the joy of
salvation; uphold me with
a free spirit.

Then will I teach unbelievers
your ways and guide them to
your Marvelous Kingdom.

Deliver me from small thinking,
oh God. Upgrade my mind.

Open up my lips and I will declare
that Jesus is Lord.

For my sacrifice no longer makes us even.
You no longer take joy in my offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken
spirit: a broken and remorseful heart,
You will not despise.

Do good in your good pleasure unto
Zion: build up the walls of
Jerusalem.

Then You will be pleased with
the sacrifices of righteousness, with
burnt offering and whole burnt
offering: then I will make sacrifices
upon my altar.

*While some of the original text was kept, most of it was modified.
This was not created nor was it intended to replace the word of God*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: Liberty

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. - John 8:36 "It is the hurt that breaks me it’s the pain that pulls me to my knees and the tears they’ve changed me til what I couldn’t see Becomes so clear to me This is the way The way that you love me" - Anthony Evans Where do I begin? Its been a long 2 months. I went through every emotion there is. I cried more than I slept and prayed more than I breathed. I was isolated from every single comfort zone I faithfully rested my head upon. All I had was a mouth to pray and hands to praise. It was just me and God. And though I know He would never leave nor forsake me I had never felt so alone. I felt abandoned and cut off. The dreams I had grown so accustomed to were no where to be found. The very gift through which all my answered prayer came was out of service. I felt like my prayer was in vain. I started to focus my mind on other things. I begin to rely on people back home to tell me what God was saying. I patiently

Challenge Accepted: My Scars

A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees.  I show my scars because I was never good at putting o

Snapshots

Picture This Walking without a set destination. Wondering when my left and right switched positions causing me to go backwards. Hoping I would trip upon my future and land inside His will. Not sure if he still feels the same. He loves me He loves me not. Or maybe I don't love Him. Picture This A young lady fighting to hold on to what she knows. Not willing to give in to her past. Scared that she will disappoint those if they really knew the picture that sin snapped of her. Hoping they would believe for themselves but knowing the cross is heavy. Lord you said your burden is light and your yoke is easy. So why do I feel so heavy? Picture This Love blossoming like beautiful roses in a stone garden. Seperated but holding on tighter than ever before. Beautiful things come from hard places. Walking around several times doesn't always mean the walls fall down. Crazy things happen when you let Egypt conquer Judah. These jeans would fit better if I knew who I was. Picture This It