Skip to main content

Push And Pull

And I just sat there. Staring at it. Reading thinking over and over again. Wondering how I could have avoided it all together. Trying to remind myself that everything doesn't deserve a response. I wanted to scream and cry. But all I could do was shake hands and congratulate. It was the best worst news of my entire life. I never wanted to hear these three words. We had this conversation before and it was suppose to remain just that a conversation. Imagine how quickly words can come to life. How a simple sentence can be spoken today and manifested tomorrow.

In a lot of ways as much as I hate to admit it, I needed to hear those words. I needed to know or sure that I had really made the right move. I needed to cast down the many imaginations I had me being apart of that sentence. I still didn't want to hear it. The confirmation the process the beginning the healing all wrapped in one.

God is beginning to go through the list. To give everything we wrote down a judgement of life or death. The fresh wind is coming but not before the consuming fire burns. I cant say im ready. I just know I will be equipped when it all passes me by.

I started writing this about a month ago. And I am finally semi done. I apologize if it seems unfinished. My heart just had no more to say. So here you go:


Colors.
Bright bold beautiful.
Its morning.
Yellow sunshine so bright the energy warms my soul.
Crystal blue skies that capture my every thought.
Ever green trees that stand tall and strong.
Red water that cleanses me like no other.
I dip twice to kill my flesh and restore my soul.
Grace carefully weaves together a dress made of joy and peace.
I sit next to my King smiling.
I was created for this moment.

Color.
Shades of blue.
Its night.
The moon stands pure and white.
Lighting up the deep blue sky.
Revealing what the sunshine hid.
It takes a special pair of eyes to see His glory in the dark.
The stars do what the moon doesn't have enough light to do.
They carry His wisdom in fragments.
They are the bread of the sky the manna from Heaven.
This is the country. In the city the car lights are our only stars.
The collision between rubber tires and fresh pavement is on repeat tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Stop: U Turn

"The second it seems like everything is falling apart run to God who can put better things together. " - Sincerely.Shanae [my tumblr] One of the best things about BMT is airmen's time in the day room. Its the one chance you get to be free of everything around you. Its where my hope joy and strength came from. I had time to push myself into God. To invade His space like never before. All the letters I received were answered prayer. I have connected with a couple of my flight mates via FB. I see how they respond to each other almost like sisters. The i miss yous and the remember the time whens remind me that I never developed a solid relationship with any of them. I spent a lot of time by myself in my own little corner praying to God. We were inseparable. I talked to Him day and night. In good times and bad times. He became my family. He was my mother father sister brother aunt uncle grandma grandpa etc. He listened to my pain on bad days. He set my joy on fire on my good d...

He Gave

And he gave me hands. Hands to write the vision and make it plain. Hands to wipe every tear as He counted the blessings they would bring. He gave me feet. Feet to walk in the path he set before me. To run this race and endure all that comes my way. To jump over and walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He gave me a mouth. To shout the praises of a living king. To worship the glory of the holy lamb. To move the mountains to new places. To conquer the spirit of silence. He gave me life. Became who I am so I could be who he is. Laid down so I could stand firm. Cried out so I could dream big. Stepped down so I could be set free. Broke chains so I could serve him. Passed down the letter and canceled it through grace. He gave me love. Love to overcome breakthrough. To nurture bring life and survive. To rebuke loneliness inspire and grow. My King My Saviour My Redeemer who is patient and kind. Keeps no records of my wrongs wont delight in my evil ways protects trusts and...

Push Play

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7 " There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18 I get a lot of "advice" about love and my relationship. Some good some bad and some that doesn't deserve my attention. Positivity helps me filter through what I need to keep and what I need to throw away. Sometimes I choose what agrees with my feelings over the wisdom that God is pouring out. I'm not perfect. That doesn't take away from my responsibility its simply a statement of truth. I choose to be who He called me to be because who my flesh desires to be will kill me. With that being said here we go. The Way You Love Me- Anthony Evans I try my best not to get set in my ways. I know that my ways are not His ways and therefore they are null and void. They shouldn't have any power over who I a...