Skip to main content

Push Play

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18


I get a lot of "advice" about love and my relationship. Some good some bad and some that doesn't deserve my attention. Positivity helps me filter through what I need to keep and what I need to throw away. Sometimes I choose what agrees with my feelings over the wisdom that God is pouring out. I'm not perfect. That doesn't take away from my responsibility its simply a statement of truth. I choose to be who He called me to be because who my flesh desires to be will kill me. With that being said here we go.

The Way You Love Me- Anthony Evans
I try my best not to get set in my ways. I know that my ways are not His ways and therefore they are null and void. They shouldn't have any power over who I am and where I go. My destiny and identity are in the hand of Christ. "You love me so much that you let me you let me fall knowing that I would loose it all and hear your call. You loved me so much that you chased me." I went down a lot of dead end roads. Made some lefts when I heard God saying take a right. Made a u-turn because fear was blocking my faith from seeing the end. Yet God is so amazing and so faithful. All of my roads of pain sorrow fear and disobedience led me to Christ in the end. His love never leaves my side.

I Shall Live And Not Die - Darlene McCoy
I have heard this song so many times but it wasn't until I walked away from the accident that I really heard what the song way saying. It was 6am when they finally said I could go home. I didn't understand how death came to take me and I was still alive. The second I stepped in the car all I heard on the radio was "I will fear no alarm and escape this unharmed because I stand here knowing that I'm never alone".  After that there were no more doubts. I was blessed with victory because He declared life and canceled out death. Thank God for angels.

Moving Forward - Israel Houghton
I've made a lost of mistakes in this new season. Some I never thought I would make again and others I just didn't exercise self control when doing. I've abused the grace of God while praying for mercy and expected perverted seeds to produce a pure harvest. Yet there is always room for redemption and I love him for that alone. "Such a freedom I have found in you. You're the healer who makes all things new." Shame and guilt use to keep me so far away from Christ. I was so scared to cry out for forgiveness letting the enemy strip away the power of repentance and the freedom of confession. Many times it wasn't just sin that held me back but those voices in my head that said God was tired of forgiving me. They lied. "I'm not going back I'm moving ahead here to declare to You my past is over in You all things are made new surrendered my life to Christ I'm moving, moving forward". 


Comfort Zone - Marvin Sapp 
With each new season comes new troubles. With each new dream comes new fears. God requires more with each level of maturity. As we move from milk drinkers to meat eaters we have to give more fight harder and pray longer. I have a few walls that are blocking me from stepping into all that He has for me. "I'm coming out of my comfort zone. Some of the places in my life that's comfortable. God is challenging me to trust and believe. For to go where I've not gone I must do what I've not done." It's a bit discouraging to know I'm not done with this yet. But I keep my faith on high. Because with each step I'm that much closer to being free. And as the Word says :who the Son sets free is free indeed. 


Part Of The List- Ne Yo
Ahhh my love life. Its simply m-azing. Its growing daily. Ive always had this mentality that you should never let anyone know everything about you. I was told its wise to keep something for yourself. But for him I just can't do it. He has poured into me, pushed me into better places, and encouraged me along the way. I respect him and his position in my life. There is so much that I love about him; so much more that I love about us. "Shape of your eyes and your nose. the way stare as if you see right through to my soul....our quiet time your beautiful there all part of the list."Its such a blessing to add more positive traits than negative ones. Anytime the good out weighs the bad its worth fighting for. Love hasn't always come easy for me but with him I know its worth it. 




Ideas like love, like God, these things sometimes feel more disconnected and ethereal, like that’s the ghostly realm. But what if that’s wrong, and God and love is actually what is most real, and we are more like ghosts walking upon the earth, hoping to become more real?”- Micheal Gungor <<< Isn't is amazing how a small change in our minds can shift our reality. God can go from a make believe hero to a fact that holds your life together when things start falling apart. My problems are not as real as my God. His love is more real than my pain.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Accepted: My Scars

A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees.  I show my scars because I was never good at putting o

Confession: He Calls Me

"The Holy Spirit is my teacher and who better than Him? I must be teachable if I plan on and growing. And sometimes that means walking ahead with no instruction just a destination." - Type.Classy Sometimes is nice to hear yourself say who you are. It builds your confidence and helps you stand a little taller. I am a firm believer in knowing who you are. People in this world attach so many perverted names to children of God. They pass insults around like notes in high school. They try to pin labels on you not worthy of the King who lives in you. The solution for most is speak no hear no see no. The less attention we give to it the quicker it dies. Yet we forget where the true power resides: think no. We meditate day and night on he say she say forgetting what He said. I was once in this situation. Lending my mind to this world and my ear to Jesus. Yeah He said I was fearfully and wonderfully made but I know He would never create junk like me. You are what you eat. My spirit

Thoughts on Forgiving

Most people think they learn forgiveness as a child. Which in part is true. Children generally forgive without thought. You don't have to ask for it or beg for it. They just give it. But something happens when we grow up. Its like we make a conscience effort to eat the apple which brings forth our own ideas on how to forgive. We have to engage our five senses in a way that no man can satisfy. We have to hear and feel the apology. The person desiring forgiveness has to articulate their vocabulary like your favorite song on a hot summer's eve in July. Saying words like I'm sorry because... and I apologize for..... We put our hands together to skip prayer and formulate schemes on how we can make somebody work for our forgiveness as if we are some supernatural higher being who has never needed forgiveness. The victim and the perpetrator always switch places assuming the other should have been the bigger person. We have the expectation for a divine quality to manifes