Skip to main content

Challenge Accepted: My Scars


A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees. 

I show my scars because I was never good at putting on make up.
I could never find the right foundation.
Too broke to match this color. Too bright to carry that joy. Mixing shades
to match undertones cause I was uncomfortable in the skin I colored in.
I took it upon myself to conceal everything.
The altar became my secret place. 
It was easier to cut me than reveal our weakness. 
I sacrificed healing for privacy just for a second chance I never had. 
"Where are you Adam?"
Even though Eve provoked the mistake Adam had to answer.
She was born a help meet yet she forgot to protect her hu-MAN-ity. 
Still mistakes don't create identities; they shape character. 
And I am simply unashamed.
I transitioned from being a cover girl to a covered girl.
This joy I have makes my cup run over & no scar can take that away.
I'm confident in my scars because they mean healing is on the way.
Someone needs to see your scars so they can believe in healing too. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay!!! I love it Sis. Keep writing and keep showing your scars.

Popular posts from this blog

Confession: He Calls Me

"The Holy Spirit is my teacher and who better than Him? I must be teachable if I plan on and growing. And sometimes that means walking ahead with no instruction just a destination." - Type.Classy Sometimes is nice to hear yourself say who you are. It builds your confidence and helps you stand a little taller. I am a firm believer in knowing who you are. People in this world attach so many perverted names to children of God. They pass insults around like notes in high school. They try to pin labels on you not worthy of the King who lives in you. The solution for most is speak no hear no see no. The less attention we give to it the quicker it dies. Yet we forget where the true power resides: think no. We meditate day and night on he say she say forgetting what He said. I was once in this situation. Lending my mind to this world and my ear to Jesus. Yeah He said I was fearfully and wonderfully made but I know He would never create junk like me. You are what you eat. My spirit

Unashamed

"I'm not saying its all holy. This music reflects my walk. I'm a saint with a past who by the grace of God has a future." - HyQuality Whew! I haven't done one of these in a while. I use to write these in my unsaved days. Always about everybody but the Creator. Not this time. This one is dedicated to the love of my life. The man who keeps me who comforts me who wipes every tear from my eyes. The man who protects me day and night who waited for me to come home who is not a ashamed of me even when I'm ashamed of myself. The man who is King of all Kings the source of my resources. Jesus Christ. Redemption: Tape 1 Side A Chasing Pavements - Adele I was having the time of my life. I figured cause I wasn't drinking smoking or having sex I was surely going to heaven. I had sins of my own but nobody is perfect. In my mind a curse word here and there was okay and a few when you get man was natural. Somebody even told me they cursed in the Bible and who can argue wit