Skip to main content

Cant Take My Joy Away

"I've been persecuted but not forsaken. Cast down but not destroyed. I have something this world can't take. Away from me" - VaShawn Mitchell

Since I bought this CD it has been a source of encouragement and a true blessing. It's rare for me to find gospel artist who's music has a message that expands past God's gone bless you real good or you coming out of that situation right now. Don't get me wrong I'm not against those types of songs. But we as Christians have got to learn how to endure. Sometimes we get so caught up in God take me out we forget to pray God take me through. What kind of Christian would you be if you never went through something? You have to be tried in the fire to come out gold. This walk is not easy. Sometimes I get weak and just lay in defeat. I stand on sorrow and self pity instead of the word of God. Then I think about God's joy. It is my strength it is my smile it is my light in the dark it's my resting place. Every time I hear this song I get excited. The devil loves to throw stuff at you to make you sad and depressed. Sometimes it seems like a never ending cycle but if you can get a piece of God's joy the devil can't win. He tried to keep my mind of Christ but I remembered I had joy. And guess what the best part is? Nobody can take it away. In Psalm 94:9 (HCSB) the scripture ask this simple question. "Can the one who formed the eat not hear the one who formed the eye not see?". The answer is of course He can see and hear. You may have been persecuted talked about lied on hated all because of Jesus name but He hears you and He sees you. How can I be so sure? He left you something this world can't take : His joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Accepted: My Scars

A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees.  I show my scars because I was never good at putting o

Confession: He Calls Me

"The Holy Spirit is my teacher and who better than Him? I must be teachable if I plan on and growing. And sometimes that means walking ahead with no instruction just a destination." - Type.Classy Sometimes is nice to hear yourself say who you are. It builds your confidence and helps you stand a little taller. I am a firm believer in knowing who you are. People in this world attach so many perverted names to children of God. They pass insults around like notes in high school. They try to pin labels on you not worthy of the King who lives in you. The solution for most is speak no hear no see no. The less attention we give to it the quicker it dies. Yet we forget where the true power resides: think no. We meditate day and night on he say she say forgetting what He said. I was once in this situation. Lending my mind to this world and my ear to Jesus. Yeah He said I was fearfully and wonderfully made but I know He would never create junk like me. You are what you eat. My spirit

Thoughts on Forgiving

Most people think they learn forgiveness as a child. Which in part is true. Children generally forgive without thought. You don't have to ask for it or beg for it. They just give it. But something happens when we grow up. Its like we make a conscience effort to eat the apple which brings forth our own ideas on how to forgive. We have to engage our five senses in a way that no man can satisfy. We have to hear and feel the apology. The person desiring forgiveness has to articulate their vocabulary like your favorite song on a hot summer's eve in July. Saying words like I'm sorry because... and I apologize for..... We put our hands together to skip prayer and formulate schemes on how we can make somebody work for our forgiveness as if we are some supernatural higher being who has never needed forgiveness. The victim and the perpetrator always switch places assuming the other should have been the bigger person. We have the expectation for a divine quality to manifes