Skip to main content

Unashamed

"I'm not saying its all holy. This music reflects my walk. I'm a saint with a past who by the grace of God has a future." - HyQuality

Whew! I haven't done one of these in a while. I use to write these in my unsaved days. Always about everybody but the Creator. Not this time. This one is dedicated to the love of my life. The man who keeps me who comforts me who wipes every tear from my eyes. The man who protects me day and night who waited for me to come home who is not a ashamed of me even when I'm ashamed of myself. The man who is King of all Kings the source of my resources. Jesus Christ.

Redemption: Tape 1 Side A

Chasing Pavements - Adele
I was having the time of my life. I figured cause I wasn't drinking smoking or having sex I was surely going to heaven. I had sins of my own but nobody is perfect. In my mind a curse word here and there was okay and a few when you get man was natural. Somebody even told me they cursed in the Bible and who can argue with that? But they lied to me. God lovingly picked up a mirror and showed me who I really was. At that moment my mouth said save me but my heart just wasn't sure. "Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads no where?" I knew exactly what I had to do. But I was so focused on running away that it wasn't until I got tired that I realized I had been running in place.

Exhausted - Tyra B
I had to stop running. I couldn't move. No matter how fast I went or how far I thought I got he was right there with me. He hadn't left my side, slid behind, or played catch up. It was clear that this relationship was over. I had died enough times to acquire a taste for life. I wanted to live. So I turned to sin and plead my case. "I stuck by hoping things would change. I soon discovered that's a big mistake. Cause it only got worse and now its just a burden i don't want to carry no more." Neither one of us wanted to let go. But I declared it was over cause that's what I needed.

I Trust You - James Fortune & FIYA
Its one thing to say bye and another to walk away. I was building up my faith to run back home. With every step I took the doubt entered my mind. I wondered if He would really take me back. If His grace and mercy was available to me too. If He would really forgive me or pay me what I owed? But I kept running. I knew whatever was ahead was better than everything I had left behind. It was in worship that he told me to trust Him. So I cried out to him telling Him "so many painful thoughts travel through my mind and I wonder how I will make it through this time" yet "I can I will I must trust you." He is my only hope the one I put my faith in. This is how I know God is a way maker and a promise keeper.

Righteousness: Tape 1 Side B

I Give Myself Away - William McDowell
There is so much you are required to give up in this faith walk. I never would have imagined I had to let go of so much. As if my will and my way wasn't enough He wanted my time my heart and my mind. But He is so worthy. He deserves much more than I can give but he ask for so little. He simply wanted me to give him my life. He never cared about what I use to do and what I still sometimes think about doing. He washed me clean in His blood and set me free. "My life is not my own to you I belong I give myself I give myself to you." No one can take me from Him or find me when He hides me. You gave me salvation my life has been spared.

Chasing After You - Tye Tribbett
Therefore, since we also have such a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne. (Hebrews 12 : 1&2 HCSB) What more can I say after this besides "my soul is crying out I want more of you...and I will go from faith to faith from glory to glory and ill forever be chasing after you." He is in the past present and future. Its my hearts desire to met Him where ever He is.

I Believe - James Fortune & FIYA
Id be a liar if I said I always could see the end of my storm. If I could sit here and say I never doubted God had control of the situation I would be stealing His glory. I have woke up weeks at a time wondering if God could hear me. Wondering if it was worth praying anymore because God was tired of rescuing me. But I serve a God who can repeat. If He did it once I know he can do it again and He always does. "I believe God is a healer. I believe I will survive. I believe God is able. I believe its already done." I don't know when God will step in or how much longer the pain will last. But I do know if He has it is mine. I inherited a healing because my father is a healer.

Nobody Greater - VaShawn Mitchell
For all that God has done is doing and will do I lift my hands to Him. He gets all the glory praise worship and credit. Apart from Him I can do nothing. I can spend forever looking for someone greater, but there is no one. "Oh most holy one you are the great I Am awesome in all your ways and mighty is your hand you are he who carried our redemption plan." He called me His greatest creation and I still turned on Him. Yet He decided to love me until I came back home. I lift my hands because to show I have no control. I raise my voice to bless you despite any situation good or bad. I give my heart that you might hold all my treasure. I commit my life to you because you gave up yours.

Pray with me :)
Lord I come to you with a humble heart thanking you for all that you have done. Thanking you for your protection joy love grace and mercy. Thank you for those who read this and are standing in agreement with me on this prayer. Lord I ask that you continue to build my faith no matter what it takes. Place me on the potters wheel so that you can mold and shape me into what you desire me to become. I ask that you release every healing every breakthrough every trouble soul and every deliverance your people ask you for. Father you said in your word that you would withhold no good thing from you people. We may not know the day or the hour in which these things will come but we have faith that they will. Mend every broken heart heal every infected wound draw closer to your people as we seek you daily. I pray for those who desire a relationship with you but don't know where to start. Show them what they need to do right now to walk in all that you promise them. Let those that already know you be more help than harm in all they do. Its in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad that you continue to post and leave your footprints along a road that so many seem to fear traveling. Love ya Sis

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Accepted: My Scars

A couple days ago a fellow blogger and sister of mine issued a challenge. The challenge was to write a blog on why I show my scars. Once I read the challenge I knew I had to participate. Sharing my journey through writing has been a source of healing and freedom not just for me but for those who read the blog. Ever since I started this blog I have had the support of Rhachelle and I am truly grateful for that. When I bought my first pink my scars tee from her RN brand t-shirt collection I promised myself I wouldn't put it on until I was ready to speak freely about everything I had been through. Needless to say the shirt is in heavy rotation and I can no longer be silent about how Christ rescued me. I hope that you all enjoy this post and decide to take the challenge as well. Check out rhachellenicol.com for more information on the challenge and rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com for the my scars t-shirts and her other ministry tees.  I show my scars because I was never good at putting o

Confession: He Calls Me

"The Holy Spirit is my teacher and who better than Him? I must be teachable if I plan on and growing. And sometimes that means walking ahead with no instruction just a destination." - Type.Classy Sometimes is nice to hear yourself say who you are. It builds your confidence and helps you stand a little taller. I am a firm believer in knowing who you are. People in this world attach so many perverted names to children of God. They pass insults around like notes in high school. They try to pin labels on you not worthy of the King who lives in you. The solution for most is speak no hear no see no. The less attention we give to it the quicker it dies. Yet we forget where the true power resides: think no. We meditate day and night on he say she say forgetting what He said. I was once in this situation. Lending my mind to this world and my ear to Jesus. Yeah He said I was fearfully and wonderfully made but I know He would never create junk like me. You are what you eat. My spirit

Snapshots

Picture This Walking without a set destination. Wondering when my left and right switched positions causing me to go backwards. Hoping I would trip upon my future and land inside His will. Not sure if he still feels the same. He loves me He loves me not. Or maybe I don't love Him. Picture This A young lady fighting to hold on to what she knows. Not willing to give in to her past. Scared that she will disappoint those if they really knew the picture that sin snapped of her. Hoping they would believe for themselves but knowing the cross is heavy. Lord you said your burden is light and your yoke is easy. So why do I feel so heavy? Picture This Love blossoming like beautiful roses in a stone garden. Seperated but holding on tighter than ever before. Beautiful things come from hard places. Walking around several times doesn't always mean the walls fall down. Crazy things happen when you let Egypt conquer Judah. These jeans would fit better if I knew who I was. Picture This It